Bridgeforth Stadium/Football Game Day Policies (A-Z Fan Guide)
Please contact the Athletic Facilities and Events main office at (540) 568-8810 with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Seating - Wheelchair and accessible seating is reserved and available behind the 100 level sections in the lower level and behind the 300 level sections in the upper level. Advance reservations are accepted through the ticket office. If you have a need for accessible seating on gameday, please visit one of the Guest Services booths. Handicap accessible restrooms are located on either side of the stadium. Guests requiring a wheelchair must provide one for their own use.
- Parking - Handicap accessible parking is located in the R1 lot with shuttle service to the stadium beginning 3 hours prior to kickoff.
- Captioning - Accessible devices for those who are deaf or hard of hearing are available for all home football games. Please visit the Guest Services booth in the Lower Concourse for device checkout and information. Click here to place a request for a captioning device in advance.
It is prohibited to bring alcohol into Bridgeforth Stadium. Violators will be subject to removal and applicable legal action.
There are no ATMs in Bridgeforth Stadium. The closest is located at the bus shelter near the entrance to the Godwin parking lot.
Small bags, purses, baby bags, etc. (smaller than 12"x12"x12") are allowed in Bridgeforth Stadium and subject to search.
Banners, Posters, and Signs
Banners, posters, and signs are welcome inside any JMU athletic facility. In order to guarantee the best game day experience of other patrons, fans should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Size should not exceed 24 by 36 inches.
- Should be individually hand held (by one person only).
- Banners, posters, and signs should not contain any advertising, political or commercial message, derogatory or offensive language/logos, and should not be affixed to sticks, poles, or other objects for support.
- Content of the banners, posters and signs should comply with all CAA and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Banners, posters and signs are not to be affixed to any part of the athletic facility without prior approval
Are You a Booster? We have provided this link for representatives of athletic interests; more commonly known as boosters, to help answer any questions you may have regarding NCAA Rules and Regulations. However, if you are still unsure please ASK BEFORE YOU ACT! You can contact the JMU Athletics Compliance Office at (540) 568-6248. They would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Still cameras are permitted for JMU football games; however, in no instance may photography interfere with access ways, aisles, or other guests' enjoyment of the game. Video cameras are not permitted.
Concession stands open when gates open (90 minutes prior to the game) and are located throughout the stadium. No outside food or beverage may be brought inside the stadium.
Emergency Evacuation Procedure/Lightning Detection
In the event of an emergency, find the nearest usher, Public Safety Officer, or Cadet or call 540-568-6911. In the event of severe weather or lightning, the JMU storm warning system will become activated. A 15-second horn will sound, and the game will be suspended. Guests will be directed to seek shelter in large buildings or their vehicle. When the stadium is cleared for re-entry, the 5-second horn blasts will sound as the all clear signal.
Emergency medical personnel are located at the first aid stations in the lower and upper concourses of the west grandstand. For assistance in an emergency situation, please contact a Public Safety Officer or one of the Guest Services staff members.
Ticket holders can use gates A, B, D, and E. Refer to your ticket for the entrance closest to your seats. Bridgeforth Stadium opens 90 minutes prior to game time. The breezeway between Bridgeforth Stadium and Godwin Hall closes four hours prior to game time and reopens when the gates open. Gate C is the designated student entrance.
JMU Football game programs will be available for sale at the Guest Services booths. Programs are also available via your mobile device by scanning the QR coode posted around the stadium.
Assistance is available from your seat by texting "DUKES" followed by a space and your location to 78247 or by calling the game day hotline at (540) 568-4356, beginning four hours prior to kickoff. Standard SMS rates apply.
Guest Services and Lost and Found
For any questions, concerns, or assistance, please visit one of the Guest Services booths in the Godwin breezeway or in the west grandstand lower and upper concourses. Information regarding game day promotions and lost and found items will be available at the Guest Services booths during the game. Please contact (540) 568-8810, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. to locate a lost and found item following the game.
Officially licensed JMU merchandise is available for purchase at the Team Stores on the lower and upper concourses.
All parking lots open at 8 a.m. Vehicles, including those with reserved hangtags, left in a reserved lot prior to 8 a.m. are subject to towing.
- Reserved lots are not accessible for dropping off and unloading.
- General parking is available at no charge on a first come, first served basis.
- Handicap parking is located in the front of the R1 lot. A handicap accessible shuttle is provided to drop of at the stadium.
- Paid parking is available in a portion of the R1 lot and will be sold to the general public on a game-by-game basis. Any available spots will be open two hours prior to kickoff for $10 (cash only).
- RV and bus parking is available in lot R1 for a cost of $25/game or $100 for the entire season. You must purchase and register your RV online prior to arriving on campus. RV's may arrive on campus Friday evening after 5 p.m. and must vacate by Sunday at 5 p.m. RV's must be in lot R1 four hours prior to the game. RV and bus parking passes will go on sale on June 1 with the release of single game tickets. Call the ticket office for more details.
Portable seat cushions are permitted provided they are no wider than 18 inches in width and do not have armrests. Any cushion not meeting this standard may not be used in Bridgeforth Stadium.
- No re-entry
- No smoking or use of tobacco products including smokless varieties such as electronic cigarettes, e-cigarettes, and vapor cigarettes
- No solicitation or distribution of handouts
- No throwing of any objects
- The use of umbrellas
- Alcoholic beverages, controlled substances, weapons, fireworks
- Bags larger than 12"x12"x12"
- Glass and metal containers
- Noise makers and other devices that impede the game
- Outside food and beverages
- Obscene or indecent clothing, signage, or language
- Video cameras, monopods, tripods
- Wheelies, bicycles, and skateboards
Lost or misplaced tickets may be reprinted for the ticket holder of record only. A service fee is charged for reprinting tickets.
- Warsaw Parking Deck
- CISAT Bus Stop
- Festival Conference Center Bus Stop
- Convocation Center Bus Stop
- Select area hotels and off-campus student housing
- Lot R1
In accordance with University Policy 1111, smoking is not allowed in Bridgeforth Stadium.
Re-entry is not allowed in Bridgeforth Stadium.
All persons ages 3 and older must present a ticket to enter Bridgeforth Stadium. Tickets, if available, may be purchased on game day at the Gate A, Gate B, or Gate C/D ticket booths which open two hours prior to kickoff. Prior to an event, tickets may be purcahsed at the Athletic Ticket Office located inside the Convocation Center, Entrance D, by calling (540) 568-3853, or online at JMUSports.com/tickets. The Athletic Ticket Office is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Patrons assume all risk for tickets purchased through sources other than the JMU Athletic Ticket Office.