Welcome and thanks for using Harrisonburg Transit! 2013 marks the third year that HDPT has partnered with JMU Athletics to provide additional transportation services to all home football games. HDPT will offer seven color coded routes that will service thirty three locations! Service will start three hours prior to kickoff and end one hour after the game. Campus shuttles will run from the Warsaw Parking Deck, Festival, Convocation Center Lots, and R1.It is our hope that this added service will make your game day experience even better!
Tips & Suggestions
- Stand at designated bus stops located along each route.
- Allow a few minutes for delays in scheduled arrival times.
- Pull bell cord to let driver know your stop is coming up, then exit by rear door. DO NOT cross in front of the bus.
- Smoking, profanity, and open alcoholic beverages are prohibited on buses. Violators will be asked to exit bus and may be subject to legal action.
- 16 quart coolers (16”L x 10”W x 15”H) and smaller are allowed. Coolers must be properly secured (stored on the lap of the passenger or beneath his or her seat) and kept clear of aisles, doors, and other passenger seats.
- NO animals, except service animals, permitted on buses.
- NO standing in front of white or yellow line or in stairwells.
- Shirts and Shoes are required for all passengers.
- Drivers reserve the right to refuse service to anyone not observing regulations or whose behavior is hazardous to passengers or vehicular safety.
- Drivers have a choice to wear protective gloving when handling a mobility device for their safety and for the safety of the passenger.
Shuttle service is provided for all men's basketball and women's basketball games beginning one and a half (1.5) hours prior to game time and will run continuously until one hour postgame.
Shuttle service (which is handicap accessible) is provided from Rockingham Hall Lot R10 (Old Howard Johnson) at the stoplight at Port Republic Rd. and Forrest Hill Dr. with drop off by the Convocation Center D-Door.
Handicap Parking: On site handicap parking is very limited at the Convocation Center. All overflow handicap parking will be instructed to park in R-10 and ride the handicap accessible shuttle.
Additional shuttle service will be provided from the Festival Conference and Student Center parking lot for Duke Dog Reading Days (February 9 and March 2). Service at both locations will begin two hours prior to game time.