The fans of James Madison University Football come together to participate in one of football's best traditions - tailgating! What better way to show your passion than charring some hot dogs with friends, screaming for the Purple and Gold, and showing visiting fans what it means to be a member of the JMU Nation. James Madison University promotes responsible and safe tailgating. We believe we have the best fans in the country and want to continue the great game day experience that takes place on JMU Football game days. To ensure a positive experience for everyone and the safety of our football fans, the following policies will be enforced.
General Tailgating Policies
- All parking lots will open at 8 a.m. on game day and tailgating activities must cease 2 hours after the end of the game.
- All vehicles, including those with reserved hangtags, left in a reserved lot prior to 8 a.m. on game day are subject to towing.
- Reserved lots are only accessed by displaying a valid football game day parking pass. A valid parking pass must be on display while occupying any reserved space.
- Reserved lots are not accessible for dropping off and unloading.
- Saving parking spaces is not permitted.
- RV and bus parking is available in lot R1 for a cost of $25/game or $100 for the entire season. You must purchase and register your RV online prior to arriving on campus.
- Tailgating is permitted directly behind your vehicle and cannot occupy an additional parking space or impede on the traffic flow within the lot.
- Violators of game day parking policy will be ticketed and towed.
- State laws and University alcohol policies will be enforced within the tailgating lots.
- ATTEND THE GAME!!! While tailgating is a great opportunity to create energy and excitement before the game, please do not forget what’s going on in Bridgeforth Stadium. Please show respect for your JMU athletes and athletic staff by attending the game.
- Open flames other than gas grills are NOT permitted. Grilling is not permitting in JMU parking decks. Be aware of state fire laws and bans. Charcoal grills, fire pits, and open flames are not permitted.
- Secure your tailgate area before and during the game to protect your belongings. JMU will not assume responsibility for any lost or stolen items.
- Any violation of the tailgating policy may result in the immediate termination of tailgating privileges, criminal prosecution, and/or disciplinary action.
Trash and Recycling
- We kindly ask our fans to clean up their tailgating area to keep our campus clean and traffic areas safe for travel. Facilities Management will provide black trash bags for general waste and clear trash bags for recyclables.
- During the game leave bagged trash behind your car for pick-up. Upon leaving, place bagged trash in your parking space out of the roadway.
- No sales activities are allowed on the James Madison University campus, including any/all tailgating areas, without permission from the appropriate University office.
- Only James Madison University or designated representatives will be allowed to sell merchandise.