As a sophomore
Recorded career-highs in kills (7) and points (8.5) against William & Mary
Season-high 10 digs against Howard
Appeared in 27 matches, starting five of them
- JMU President's List Fall 2012
CAA Commissioner's Academic Award Recipient
As a freshman:
- Made collegiate debut against Green Bay
- Recorded season highs in digs (13), service aces (3) and assists (2) against North Dakota
- Appeared in 27 games, starting in 3 of them
- JMU President's List Fall 2011
- JMU President's List Spring 2012
- CAA Commissioner's Academic Award
- JMU Athletic Director Scholar-Athlete
- Aurora Beacon News Player of the Year
- Three-time Upstate Eight Valley All-Conference Selection
- Two-time Chicago Sun-Times Top 50 Player
- Chicago Tribune Top 40 Player to Watch
- Two time All-Area selection, including a First Team honor in 2010
- Helped lead Waubonsie Valley High School to consecutive conference championships as well as a IHSA Regional Championship in 2010
- Member of the National Society of High School Scholars
- Three time Upstate Eight All-Academic Team honoree
- Daughter of James Stewart and Madeline Carpenter
- Plans to major in psychology with a pre-med track and plans to attend medical school to become a doctor after graduation
- Enjoys hanging out with friends, Key Club and Best Buddies
Why did you choose JMU?
I loved the attitudes of the coaches and the team. I also loved the campus.
What is your major?
Psychology/Pre-med with a minor in Spanish.
What is your favorite ...
Movie: Horrible Bosses
Song: Honey Bee by Blake Shelton
Athlete: Paul Konerko
What is something unique about you?
I met the famous Martha Stewart in 7th grade.
What are your favorite things to do off the court?
Shop, hang with friends, and go to the pool/beach.
What is your favorite place on campus and why?
E-hall because of all the varieties of food.
What is your favorite thing about JMU volleyball?
What are your goals for the 2011 season?
Make an impact on the team and win the CAA championships.
What is your favorite place you've traveled to with JMU volleyball?
I haven’t yet but I look forward to going to Wisconsin since it’s closest to my home.
What do you want to do after college?
Become a doctor and make a difference in the lives of others.
What is the best advice you have received?
A quote that was read before practice at my volleyball club – “The future depends on what we do in the present.”
What is your favorite JMU volleyball memory?
Committing to play here!