Veterans Memorial Park Policies (A-Z Fan Guide)
It is prohibited to bring alcohol into any JMU Athletic Facility. Violators will be subject to removal and applicable legal action.
Small bags, purses, baby bags, etc. are allowed and subject to search.
Still cameras are permitted for games; however, in no instance may photography interfere with access ways, aisles, or other guests' enjoyment of the game. Video cameras are not permitted.
Concession stands open with the gates and are centrally located between the baseball and softball fields. Outside food and beverage is prohibited.
Emergency Evacuation Procedure/Lightning
In the event of an emergency, find the nearest usher, Public Safety Officer, or Cadet or call 540-568-6911. In the event of severe weather or lightning, the JMU storm warning system will become activated. A 15-second horn will sound, and the game will be suspended. Guests will be directed to seek shelter in large buildings or their vehicle. When the stadium is cleared for re-entry, the 5-second horn blasts will sound as the all clear signal.
Gates open 2 hours prior to baseball games and 1 hour prior to softball games.
Wheelchair and accessible seating is available on game day and can be accessed with any game ticket. For further questions please see a member of the Game Operations staff. Guests requiring a wheelchair must provide one for their own use.
Lost and Found
Please contact 540-568-8810 to locate a lost and found item after the event.
Officially licensed JMU merchandise is available for purchase at the Team Store.
- No smoking or use of tobacco products
- No solicitation or distribution of handouts
- No throwing of any objects
- No opening of umbrellas
- No foul/abusive language or obscene gestures
- Shirt and shoes required at all times
- Intoxicated guests or guests showing signs of impairment related to alcohol will be removed from the venue
- Interfering with another fan's ability to enjoy the game is prohibited
- No standing or sitting in aisles
- No shaking rails
- No standing on dugouts
- No leaning on or grabbing nets
- Alcoholic beverages, controlled substances, weapons, fireworks
- Bags larger than 12"x12"x12"
- Glass and metal containers
- Noise makers and other devices that impede the game
- Outside food and beverages (including water bottles)
- Signs, flags,
banners, obscene or indecent clothing
- Video cameras, monopods, tripods
- Wheelies, bicycles, and skateboards
Recycling bins are strategically placed beside every trash can, so be looking for the recycling containers out there this year and "Get in the Game" RECYCLE!
Lost or misplaced tickets may be reprinted for the ticket holder of record only. A service fee is charged for reprinting tickets.
Good sportsmanship, both in the game and in the stands, contributes to an outstanding game day environment for all fans while being considerate to those around you. Respect yourself, respect your neighbors, RESPECT MADISON.
Restroom facilities are located throughout the facility.
*NEW* Smoking Policy
In accordance with University Policy 1111, smoking is not allowed in JMU Athletic Facilities.
All persons ages 6 and older must present a ticket to enter Veterans Memorial Park. Tickets may be purchased on game day at the VMP ticket booth. Prior to an event, tickets may be purchased at the Athletic Ticket Office located inside the Convocation Center, Entrance D, by calling 540-568-3853, or online at JMUSports.com/tickets. The Athletic Ticket Office is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Patrons assume all risk for tickets purchased through sources other than the JMU Athletic Ticket Office.