As a junior:
- Finished the 2010 season hitting .217 with 19 hits and 12 runs
- Had two hits, including a double, and two RBIs against Longwood
- Totaled three RBIs and a home run against North Florida
- Contributed two hits against Jacksonville
- Had a double and an RBI against Stetson
- RBI double vs. Virginia
- Double and a walk in Towson game two
- Two hits and a run in middle game at Mason
- 3-4 with a run and an RBI in Mason finale
- Double, sac bunt, sac fly in ODU opener
- Two-run home run in W&M opener
- Solo home run at Liberty
- Sac fly, walk, and run scored at VCU.
As a sophomore:
- Pinch hit and recorded two hits against Kentucky
- Drove in a run off a sacrifice fly against Maryland
- Pinch hit against Lafayette and recorded a walk
- Recorded seven hits in a four-game series versus Stetson while scoring six times and driving in five runs
- Had a ten game hit streak from March 8 through March 21
- Smacked a home run that drove in two runs in a home game versus Bryant
- Had two hits against Liberty and scored twice
- Had two hits and two RBIs in the series opener against CAA opponent Northeastern
- Recorded three hits and three runs batted in at home against Northeastern
- Two hits, run, RBI, and a double in ODU opener
- Drove in two runs with a double and a hit by pitch in ODU finale
- 2-for-4 with a run in VCU finale
- Two hits and a double with a run batted in against VMI
- Hit two doubles in a weekend series at Delaware
- 2-for-3 with two runs scored against the Virginia Military Institute
- 2-for-3 with a double and a walk at George Washington
- Sacrifice fly in middle game vs. Mason
- Walked twice and scored in season finale
- Aided the New Market Rebels to the VBL semifinals over the summer, finishing with a 24-25 overall record
- Hit .221 in 31 games.
As a freshman:
- CAA All-Rookie Team
- Tied for 14th in the CAA in doubles (16)
- Made his collegiate debut as a pinch-hitter against Binghamton in the season opener
- Made his first career start at third base in the CAA opener against William and Mary, where he walked three times and scored
- Had a pinch-hit bases-loaded two-RBI double off the centerfield fence against William and Mary in the second game
- Scored twice, drove in a run, and hit his first collegiate triple at Tennessee
- Singled, doubled, drove in a run, and scored once against Georgia State in game three
- Went 4-for-6 with five RBIs, three runs scored, and a stolen base including his first collegiate home run against George Washington
- Singled, doubled, drove in two, and scored three times against Towson in the series finale
- Was named CAA Rookie of the Week during a week where he went 8-for-18 with nine runs scored, two doubles, his first collegiate home run, eight RBIs, four walks, and a stolen base
- Also slugged .722 and had a .565 on-base percentage that week
- Went 2-for-5 with a double, two RBIs, and a run scored against Virginia Tech
- Went 3-for-4 with two runs scored including two doubles, a walk, and an RBI against Hofstra in game one
- Earned his second CAA Rookie of the Week award by hitting .400 in five games including three doubles, four runs scored, three RBIs, three walks, a .600 slugging percentage, a .526 on-base percentage, and a perfect 1.000 fielding percentage in 23 chances at third base
- Singled, scored a run, and had the go-ahead two-run double against George Mason to lead the Dukes to a game two win
- Had four hits, two RBIs, a walk, a stolen base, and two runs scored in the VCU series
- Had an RBI double against Radford in game one while also scoring
- Had an RBI double and a single against UNC Wilmington in game one
- Drove in the only two runs for the Dukes against UNCW in game two with a double
- RBI double and a walk in CAA tournament win over ODU
- Singled and sac fly in win over GMU
- RBI double in NCAA Regional loss to N.C. State
- 3-for-5 with a run, RBI, and 16th double in comeback win over Charlotte
- Two hits, a run, and an RBI in setback to South Carolina in Raleigh
- Played for Mike Posey and the North Florida Christian Eagles
- Team was the 2007 class 2A state champions and 2004 class 2A state runner-up
- Ranked 30th in USA Today's national poll in 2007
- Starting varsity player as an eighth grader
- As a freshman, batted .360
- Two-time "best defense" award winner
- As a junior, was PUMA preseason All-American
- Team One South Top Underclassmen team
- Made second-team All Big Bend
- Third-team All State team
- As a senior, named Under Armour All-American
- TPX All-American
- First-team all-state
- First-team All Big Bend
- Nominated for Florida's Mr. Baseball award
- State champion high school team MVP
- Received the Leadership Award
- AAU All Tournament Team at national championships
- Led team with 10 home runs, a .415 batting average, and 34 RBIs.
- Son of Elizabeth and Frank Langston
- Enjoys hunting, fishing, and golf
- Older brother Wes played baseball at Stetson from 2001 to 2005
- Older sister Mary-Margaret plays volleyball at Wake Forest
- Integrated science and technology major.
Getting to Know McKinnon
Why did you choose JMU?
Sister and Brother were in this part of the country and I had a great oppurunity.
What is your major, and why did you choose it?
ISAT-Engineering and Manufacturing, I am trying to be able to work with my brother eventually and I enjoy engineering stuff.
What are your hobbies outside of baseball?
A lot of outdoors stuff, beating everyone in FIFA, college football.
Do you have a nickname on the team? How did it come about?
Nugs or Nugget. Freshman year from Kurt Houck.
What are your goals for the season and what motivates you to reach them?
Do you have any unique talents or skills?
Dominating arguments with Turner Phelps, and VG 1 in FIFA '11.
If you could hang out with one MLB player for a day who would it be and why?
Evan Longoria or Nick Swisher. Both guys enjoy the game and look like they do some wild stuff outside of baseball.
If you could be on one reality or game show what would it be?
What is your favorite memory of JMU baseball thus far?
CAA championship and the "go hours" at practice.
What team do you want to beat more than any other?
Where is your favorite place to play other then at JMU?
I enjoyed the regional. Any where with a larger crowd and nice field.
What is your favorite memory at JMU outside of baseball?
All the fun times with 1502 and 1504 plus those guys across town.
Who on the team is the most fashionable who is the least?
No comment, and definitely Turner "T-Bone" Phelps. He wears the same outfit for a solid 3-5 days and it is possibly the worst fashion on campus.
Fresh Prince of Bell Air or Saved by the Bell? Fresh Prince.
Dell or Apple? Apple.
Subway or Quiznos? Subway.
Video Games or Golf? Golf.
NFL or NBA? College Football.
World Cup or Olympics? Olympics.
Athlete? Evan Longoria or Bo Jackson.
MLB Team? Los Angeles Angels.
Movie? That's tough, Inception or Hangover.
Quote? All the quotes on a Saturday or Sunday practice.
Song? Anything new that's not overplayed, The Recovery by Eminem is my favorite right now.
Place to eat on campus? E-hall or D-hall.