As a senior:
- Led the team in assists with 863
- Finished fifth in JMU history in assists (2,855) and seventh in assist average (6.95/set)
- Ranked fifth in the CAA in assists per set with 7.99
- Recorded seven double-doubles in assists and digs
- Finished 16 games with 25 or more assists
- Season-high 53 assists against Seton Hall
- Appeared in 29 matches, starting 22 of them
- CAA Commissioner's Academic Award Recipient
- JMU Dean's List Spring 2013
As a junior:
- JMU Days Inn Invitational All-Tournament team
- Finished 2nd on the team with 599 assists
- Recorded 7 double-doubles in assists and digs
- Set career-high with 16 digs against Liberty
- Finished 11 games with 25 or more assists
- Appeared in 28 games, starting 23 of them
As a sophomore:
- Appeared in all 30 matches, starting five of them
- Finished the season with 677 assists, 26 kills, two aces, 78 digs, and 38 blocks.
- Recorded 41 assists and 12 digs against Belmont for her only double-double of the season
- 16 assists and three blocks at Delaware
- Season-high 50 assists, seven digs and two blocks against UCF
As a freshman:
- JMU Athletic Director Scholar-Athlete
- Fifth in the CAA in assists with 8.63 assists/set and a total of 716 assists on the season
- Four double-doubles in assists and digs and 13 matches with 30 or more assists
- Four matches with 10 or more digs
- Collegiate debut with nine assists against Morehead State
- Double-double with career and season-high 57 assists and 12 digs against Georgia State
- 44 assists and nine digs against UNCW
- Team-high 32 assists against VCU
- Team-high 38 assists and seven digs against Geroge Mason
- Played for Bobby Blanken and the Village Christian Crusaders along with club coach Earnest Banaag and the San Gabriel Elite
- Village Christian was Olympic League champions 2007 and 2008 along with California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Southern Section champions in 2007 and CIF Semifinalist in 2008
- Three-year all-league performer
- Named to L.A. Daily News First Team All-Area and First Team All-CIF
- Selected to two all-tournament teams and named MVP for the Crusaders
- As a junior also twice earned all-tournament honors at in-season tournaments
- First Team All-CIF
- L.A. Daily News Second Team
- As a sophomore was MVP of the Pasadena Poly Tournament and earned the Village Christian Coaches Award
- Bronze Medalist at the 2007 Junior Olympics-16 American
- Three-time member of the California Scholarship Federation
- Daughter of Monica and Mark Wiechmann
- Undeclared major
- Enjoys boating, wakeboarding, shopping, and hanging out with friends
Getting to know Megan...
Why did you choose JMU?
I wanted to go live somewhere different.
What is your major?
What is your favorite?
Movie: The Boondock Saints
Song: "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John
Athlete: Kobe Bryant
What is something unique about you?
My mom thinks I'm special.
What are your favorite things to do off the court?
I thoroughly enjoy eating and sleeping.
What is your favorite place on campus and why?
What is your favorite thing about JMU volleyball?
We're a family!
What do you want to accomplish in the 2011 season?
Win the CAA!
What is your favorite place you've traveled to with JMU volleyball?
Virginia Beach last year during the preseason.
What do you want to do after college?
Travel and then get a job.
What is the best advice you have received?
"If you can dream it, you can achieve it."
What is your favorite JMU volleyball memory?
Freshman year at the Hofstra and Northeastern games!!!