As a sophomore:
CAA Player of the Week (Sept. 10)
Set career-high in kills with 16 against George Mason
Set career-high in points with 19.5 against George Mason
Appeared in 28 matches, starting 27 of them
Led team in blocks with 94
Finished second on the team in kills with 269
As a freshman:
- Made collegiate debut against Green Bay, recording a season-high 3 service aces
- Recorded season-highs in digs (6) and kills (13) against Lehigh
- Appeared in all 31 games, starting in 30 of them
- Finished 2nd on the team in blocks with 97
- Team-high and season-season high 7 blocks against VCU
- 2010 Arkansas Gatorade Player of the Year
- Four time All-State selection for Siloam Spring High School in Siloam Springs Arkansas
- Four time All-conference selection
- Helped lead the Siloam Springs Panthers to four consecutive 5A State Championship game appearances, including championships in 2007, 2008 and 2009
- Competed with the USA Junior Volleyball program
- Two-time Arkansas Scholar-Athlete
- Graduated in December 2010 and enrolled at JMU in January 2011
- Daughter of Carlos and Jin Briones
- Plans to major in marketing with a minor in Spanish
- Enjoys swimming
Why did you choose JMU?
I chose JMU because when I came on my visit it really felt like home. The coaches and players were all so welcoming and the school was great. Even if I didn’t play a sport I’d still want to attend the school. That’s how I knew it was the right one for me.
What is your major?
What is your favorite ...
Movie: A Knight’s Tale
Song: Marry the Night by Lady GaGa
Athlete: Derek Rose
What is something unique about you?
I’m Korexican. My mother is Korean and my father is Mexican.
What are your favorite things to do off the court?
We don’t get a ton of free time, so when I do get it I like to relax with friends, go see movies, and hang out by the pool.
What is your favorite place on campus and why?
Einstein’s Bagels! I love bagels and coffee so much it’s ridiculous. It’s just a great and fast place I can get breakfast on my way to class.
What is your favorite thing about JMU volleyball?
Everyone on the team is on the same page. We all work hard and are really like a family. We do everything together.
What are your goals for the 2011 season?
To win a CAA Championship
What do you want to do after college?
I don’t know if I want to play volleyball after college or not. If I do, then I’d want to play somewhere over in Europe for a few years and then come back to get a job and settle down.
What is the best advice you have received?
“Love the life you live and live the life you love.”
What is your favorite JMU volleyball memory?
All of them. We always make jokes and just have a good time.