As a senior:
- JMU Athletic Director Scholar-Athlete
- JMU President's List Fall 2010 and Dean's List Spring 2011
- Named CAA Diver of the Week on Oct. 19
- Placed second in the one-meter dive (315.75) at the CAA Championships
- Placed fifth in the three-meter dive (295.50) at the CAA Championships
- Placed fifth in the three-meter dive (539.70) and 10th in the one-meter dive (460.65) at the NCAA Zone A Qualifying Meet
- Won the one-meter dive in meets against Navy, Richmond/Duquesne, N.C. State/Davidson, CAA Pod Meet, Loyola/Towson and Richmond.
- Won the three-meter dive in meets against George Mason/Delaware and Richmond/Duquesne
As a junior:
- JMU Athletic Director Scholar-Athlete
- CAA Commissioner's Academic Award recipient
- Named CAA Diver of the Week Jan. 26 and Feb. 9
- Ranked 19th in overall points earned at CAA Championships
- Placed second in the one-meterdive (304.10) and three-meterdive (297.80) at the CAA Championships to earn All-CAA honors in both events
- Won the one-meterdive against Marshall (303.53) while establishing a new Savage Natatorium pool record
- Won one-meterdive (323.60) and three-meterdive (325.50) against Towson/Loyola, breaking the previously set school record in both dives
As a sophomore:
- JMU Athletic Director Scholar Athlete
- Ranks second in JMU history in one-meter board and third in three-meter
- CAA Diver of the Week Jan. 13
- Impressive win in the three-meter dive against Loyola/Towson, setting a new personal best score just shy of a school record (293.75)
As a freshman:
- Second in the one-meter dive against Richmond (222.52)
- Second in the three-meter dive against Richmond (221.02)
- Placed fourteenth in both the one-meter (196.65) and three-meter (187.95) dives at the CAA Championships
- Freshman, sophomore, and senior year Yorktown Gymnasticswere National District Champions
- Junior year runner-up for National District
- National Honor Society
Getting to know Jessie...
Name: Jessie Everett
Hometown: Arlington, Va.
High School: Yorktown High School
Parents' names: David and Michelle Everett
Siblings' names and ages: Nick (16)
Why did you choose JMU?
Everyone was so friendly and so nice I knew I just had to be a part of it!
What is your major?
IDLS (Elementary Education)
What do you enjoy most about JMU Swimming and Diving?
I love how everyone is so close and how everyone supports each other so much in everything they do.
What are your goals for this season?
This season my goal is to break the school records (hopefully multiple times), be in the top three at conference finals, and get top 10 at the NCAA regional qualifying meet.
What is your pre-meet ritual and/or music?
After last year its definitely dancing with my teammates on deck with our iPods, it relaxes me and gets me pumped up for whatever meet it is.
What are your favorite things about JMU?
I love how when you walk around campus everyone you walk by smiles or says hi, everyone is just so friendly!
What is your favorite place on campus?
The quad, especially on a nice day.
What are your favorite:
Foods: Fettuccini carbonara, and almost anything.
Movies: Toy Story, P.S. I Love You, Anchorman (I know, really random!)
TV Shows: Greys Anatomy, How I Met Your Mother, One Tree Hill, Veronica Mars, Scrubs
Music: Rascal Flatts, Lil Wayne, and other randoms
Athlete: Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin (gymnasts), Christina Loukas (diving)
Who on the team (is):
Silliest/goofiest: Samm Holland
Most stylish: Lauren Broussard
Hardest worker: P.J. Naber
Eats the most: Nicole Jotso
What do you want to do after college?
I want to be a teacher, and possibly continue diving!
What is your favorite event and why?
My favorite event is definitely three meter (now). It used to scare me but I overcame that fear and now I love it!
What other activities or hobbies do you enjoy?
Something people don't know about you?
This is only my third year of truly competitive diving, before I was just a gymnast who did diving only in the summers for my local pool!
The best part of your day at JMU is...
Definitely relaxing after a long day at my apartment with my lovely roommates, and going to dinner with my awesome teammates :)