Cross Country Places Second at CAA Championships
Back to Women's Cross Country
WILLIAMSBURG, Va. - The James Madison cross country team finished second at the Colonial Athletic Association championships on Saturday morning in Williamsburg, Va. and featured three Dukes crossing the line in the top 10 of the 82 runners who competed. JMU was just eight points behind the champion William and Mary squad.
JMU completed the six-kilometer race with 36 points thanks to five top-15 finishes. The Tribe tallied 28 points, with all of their points coming from top-10 finishes.
Senior Katie Harman (Clarksville, Md./River Hill) paced the Dukes, completing the course in a season-best 20:57.6 for a second-place finish. Senior Katie Gorman (Lafayette Hill, Pa./Plymouth-Whitemarsh) turned in a fourth-place showing with a season-best time of 21:07.2 and senior Stacey Nobles (Virginia Beach, Va./Ocean Lakes) placed sixth just 10 seconds later. All three seniors were named to the All-CAA team.
Competing in her first collegiate championship meet, freshman Jenna Flickinger (Hummelstown, Pa./Lower Dauphin) also made the All-CAA squad when she placed 11th in the meet with a career-best 6k-time of 21:44.7. Sophomore Kristen Landry (Boonton Township, N.J.) rounded out the scoring-runners for JMU with a 13th-place finish 22:06.2, a season-best run for a 6k.
The Dukes will next head to Charlotte, N.C., for the NCAA Southeast Regionals. They are set to begin racing at noon on Friday, Nov. 9.
1. William & Mary 28 points
2. James Madison 36 points
3. Delaware 98 points
4. George Mason 117 points
5. Towson 150 points
6. UNCW 157 points
7. Hofstra 210 points
8. Northeastern 216 points
Top 10 Finishes
1. Elaina Balouris, William & Mary 20:32.1
2. Katie Harman, James Madison 20:57.6
3. Emily Stites, William & Mary 21:01.4
4. Katie Gorman, James Madison 21:07.2
5. Bethany Sachtleben, George Mason 21:11.2
6. Stacey Nobles, James Madison 21:17.6
7. Jess Cygan, William & Mary 21:17.9
8. Lanie Smith, William & Mary 21:32.2
9. Clarissa Schick, William & Mary 21:39.8
10. Michelle Britto, William & Mary 21:41.6
2. Katie Harman, senior (All-CAA) 20:57.6
4. Katie Gorman, senior (All-CAA) 21:07.2
6. Stacey Nobles, senior (All-CAA) 21:17.6
11. Jenna Flickinger, freshman (All-CAA) 21:44.7
13. Kristen Landry, sophomore 22:06.2
15. Annie Reiner, senior 22:11.9
23. Rachel Hagen, sophomore 22:32.6
32. Kelsey Seymour, senior 23:03.7
36. Erin Lopresti, junior 23:15.7
39. Kathleen Stewart, freshman 23:24.4
40. Kelsey Langton, sophomore 23:29.8
55. Jacki Ferrance, senior 24:01.0