You are welcomed to fill out our on-line Questionnaire.
Coaching Accomplishments (Career):
CAA Coach of the Year 2005, 2010
CAA Tournament Champion 2010
CAA Regular Season Championship 2005, 2010
Highest Ranking at JMU: 5th (06-07 Season)
CAA Player of the Year: 2007
CAA Defender of the Year: 2004,'05,'07
CAA Rookie of the Year: 2004
National All-Americans honors: 7
All-CAA honors: 17
- CAA Regular Season and Tournament Champions
- Consistent Top Ten Ranking
- NCAA Tournament Appearance
- NCAA Final Four Appearance
- NCAA National Championship
Message from Coach Klaes-Bawcombe:
We are searching for a well-balanced student-athlete that understands their college experience is about learning and growing in all facets of life; academically, socially and competitively. We want individuals who will enjoy being educated and pushed to be the best they can be on the field and in the class room. JMU is looking for individuals who put their team before themselves as we work together to become Champions on and off the field.
What we are looking for from a student-athlete:
- Undeniable Work Ethic
- Knows their team comes 1st
- Accountable or Reliable
- Wants to become part of a family
- Can handle the pressure or being a DI athlete
- Eager to Learn and Grow as an Athlete and a Person
- Wants to Win a National Championship
Sophomore Year and Junior Years:
Contact our Associate Head Coach, Katie Linnertz firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know about your interest in the school and lacrosse program.
- Feel free to send an "Athletic Resume" with all your information for us to have on file and any of your up coming events that may be important.
- If you have a DVD or video of any of your recent games feel free to send it to us. Some hints on a video: We would prefer it to not just be a highlight tape, we want to see all aspects of your game, good and bad; we want to see how you react to your mistakes. We all have certain or specific positions on the field but in the game of lacrosse everyone plays attack and defense.
- Check out our schedule; see if we are playing in your area. The best way to get to see how the coaches work is seeing them in action. And of course you'll get to see some of the best lacrosse in Division I
- Go to www.jmu.edu. Make sure you are looking at every part of JMU, not just athletics. You are here to get an education so make sure we have the major you are interested in
- Join us at camp, visit www.laxology.com for more information
- Plan a visit! Arrange a meeting with someone on our coaching staff, not only do we get to know you but you get to know us.
Even though a majority of our student-athletes are recruited we do have open try-outs in the Fall each year.
- 1. Contact Samantha Eustace email@example.com or Katie Linnertz firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2. We strongly encourage our incoming freshman each year to come to camp. Check out the dates and see if camp is an option for us to see you play before the Fall at www.laxology.com
- Fall is the only time to try-out
Best of luck as you prepare to make a decision of a lifetime!