Questionnaire -- You are welcome to fill out the on-line form.
- JMU Admissions
- NCAA Clearinghouse
- NCAA Eligibilty Center - International Student Athletes
- SAT Exam
Our program goals are to be consistently ranked amongst the Top Ten teams in the country.
We have the resources at James Madison to be ranked in the top ten. Our campus is outstanding, our academic programs and academic services for athletes are amongst the best in the country, and our athletic facilities provide a playing surface that permits our program to prepare for the highest quality of play. With all of the “outside” resources in place to achieve our team goals, we must now have and attract student -athletes who are physically gifted AND desire to excel on and off the field- 365 days of the year.
As a Division I student-athlete it is a full-time job responsibility and privilege to compete at the highest level of NCAA play. Take a look at our job description of a JMU field hockey student-athlete.
“Job Description” of a JMU Field Hockey Team Member
- Be Accountable
- Be Reliable and Dependable
- Be Unselfish
- Put team first
- Make No Excuses
- Demonstrate Unbeatable Work Ethic
- Always do the Right Thing
- Listen, Learn, Grow
- Have a Big Heart
- Be composed under Pressure
If you feel you are a student-athlete capable of committing to this description, we recommend you follow these steps:
Sophomore and Junior Year:
1.) Fill out the questionnaire as listed in the link above and email the coaches with any upcoming events you will be competing in.
2) Send us a highlight video via mail or post it online and send us the link.
a. Basic Skills - receiving and passing - stationary and on the move
b. 1 vs. 1 Defense
c. Clips of game play vs. your best competition and on a variety of
surfaces when possible.
3) Attend our summer camp. This is the very best way for you to get to know us and for us to get to know you.
The majority of our athletes are actively recruited by our staff. However, if you have not been recruited by our staff, are late to the process, and feel you are capable of committing to our team goals, these are the options available to you:
1) Contact the coaching staff as soon as possible to express your interest in our program.
2) Attend our Summer Individual Camp
3) No Walk-on tryouts will be held prior to our Fall Season. We will not consider walk-ons for our program in the Fall unless we have worked with you and/or seen you play at our summer camp. A walk-on tryout will be held prior to Winter/Spring Training Season (Jan. 15-April 15)
4) Contact one of our assistant coaches to express your interest in a Winter tryout. We will provide a Fall/Winter Training program for you to be fit and prepared.
All the best to you as you prepare to make a decision of a lifetime!