You are welcomed to fill out our online Questionnaire .
History of Baseball at James Madison University: 9 NCAA Regional Appearances, 2 CAA Championship, 6 CAA Regular Season Championships, 1 College World Series Appearance: 94 All-CAA, 17 -All Americans, 87 Draft and signees, 34 drafts in the 15 years under Coach McFarland
Conference Information: Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) eight baseball teams; Automatic Bid for conference tournament winner; tournament held for 2012 & 2013 at JMU's Eagle Field at Veterans Memorial Park
2013-14: Team Expectations:
- Out work and out prepare opponents
- Achieve 3.0 GPA as a team
- Grow as people
- Grow as a team
- Win the CAA regular season
- Win the CAA Tournament
- Qualify for the NCAA Tournament (final 64 teams)
- Advance past the first round to the super regional
- Be ranked in the top 30 Nationally
Coach Mac’s Message:
The baseball program here at JMU as an extensive history of success within the Virginia, the mid-Atlantic region, the CAA, and on the national level. This is clearly seen through accomplishments like being the first school in Virginia to have played in the College World Series and having 12 former players play at the Major League level.
This history is maintained and built upon by the system of baseball in which attention is paid to the components that build great men and in turn great teams. James Madison University is concerned with turning out a quality product into society upon completion of your valued degree here at JMU. We feel our jobs as coaches is to do that and more with the players that are afforded the opportunity to join this heritage that surrounds this program. Our goal is to assist you as you get one of the top degrees out of all public institutions in this country and help make you a better baseball player. Even more than that the desire of this coaching staff is that you receive not only some of the best instruction, but to work with coaches that are interested in your development as men and more importantly men of character.
You will not find a baseball program more prepared or willing to use all the extensive resources available as they are at JMU to join you in your development as a Student-Athlete. The track record at JMU for the development of talent is extensive and growing by the year.
Now is the time to join JMU baseball as its history of success in the classroom, on the field, in the weight room, and that storied history on Major League Draft day as the Dukes moved into a new stadium. Eagle Field at Veterans Memorial Park opened for the 2010 season with the Dukes going 15-3 in home games and shattering records for single-game and season attendance.
Guidelines and Timeframes of the recruiting process:
Sophomore and Junior Year:
- Contact our recruiting coordinator, Ted White firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your athletic resume and DVD, including upcoming playing schedules
- Attend Summer or Winter camp here...it is the best way for you to become more familiar with JMU and the coaching staff and players. Just as it is a excellent way for us to start that relationship with you and your family.
- Plan a visit...the sooner the better.
The great majority of our roster is recruited by our staff nationally. However, if you have not found the correct fit and feel JMU could be the school for you, please do the following:
- Walk-on tryouts are held during the Fall semester at a time announced by the coaching staff
- Walk-on dates will be posted on JMUSports.com and in the Breeze (student paper)
- Do not contact the baseball staff prior to the week of try-outs
- Do not schedule classes during the afternoon hours of 2-6pm
Arrive at school in shape and prepared for the tryout