The Virginia College Savings PlanSM (Virginia529SM) an independent state agency with principal office located at 9001 Arboretum Parkway, North Chesterfield, VA 23236 is giving one participant the opportunity to compete in the Virginia529 5:29 Shootout at the James Madison University (JMU) vs. Drexel basketball game on February 19, 2014 (Shootout). The Contest is sponsored by Virginia529. The chosen participant has the opportunity to win one Virginia529 inVESTSM (inVESTSM) account with an initial opening balance of $529 by making 5 shots (marked by 529 logo floor mats on the court) in 29 seconds. Virginia529 is an Internal Revenue Code Section 529 qualified tuition program. A Section 529 college savings account is an individual savings account intended specifically for the payment of qualified higher education expenses for a designated beneficiary. Customers are encouraged to obtain all enrollment materials, including the Program Descriptions, by calling 1-888-567-0540 or by downloading them from Virginia529.com and to read them carefully before investing. For residents of states other than Virginia: your state or the beneficiary’s state of residence (if different) may sponsor a 529 plan that offers state income tax or other benefits not available to you through the Virginia529.
One randomly selected winner will win the opportunity to participate in the Shootout on February 19, 2014 during half-time at the JMU basketball game held at the JMU Convocation Center, Harrisonburg, VA. The selected participant may win an inVEST account with an initial $529 opening balance depending on their success in completing the requirements of the Shootout.
CONTEST TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering and participating in the Shootout, I fully and unconditionally agree to and accept the following Contest Terms & Conditions which are final and binding in all matters related to the Shootout:
Eligibility (all conditions must be met in order for you to participate and win):
1. Must be a U.S. citizen or legal U.S. resident 18 years old or older at time of entry to enter.
2. Employees of Virginia529 and their immediate family members (spouse; parents, siblings, children, grandchildren and their spouses; and in-laws) are not eligible to participate or to be named as the beneficiary of the awarded Virginia529 account.
3. Must sign and return the Virginia529 Twenty-Nine Second Series Shootout Participant Agreement (Agreement) prior to participation in the Shootout.
1. Entries to participate in the Shootout are accepted beginning February 4, 2014 and ending on February 17, 2014. Entries will only be accepted between these dates and will only be accepted if they are submitted electronically by visiting http://www.jmusports.com/quest/Questionaire.dbml?QID=237322&DB_OEM_ID=14400&DB_OEM_ID=14400&DB_LANG=C&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
2. Participant will be selected at random from all eligible entries on February 17, 2014. JMU will use its best efforts to notify the selected participant on February 17, 2014. Submitted entries become the property of JMU and contestant information will be shared with Virginia529.
Requirements of Participant:
1. Participant must be available to attend the JMU vs. Drexel basketball game on February 19, 2014 at the JMU Convocation Center in Harrisonburg, Virginia.
2. Participant must complete and sign the Agreement and any other required waivers or forms in order to be eligible for participation in the Shootout.
3. Participant must comply with all rules of the Shootout as stated by Shootout officials, including, but not limited to:
a. 5 markers placed on one half of the court will designate the locations of the 5 shots needed to be made during the contest.
b. Contestant will have 29 seconds to make all 5 shots designated by the 5 markers (Decided by Virginia529 prior to the beginning of the contest)
c. Contestant will participate by themselves; however, the marketing staff at the school may supply rebounders to help gather the loose balls for the contestant, and
d. If any point the participant becomes uncomfortable with the situation, then the individual may remove themselves from the Shootout, and they become ineligible to win the Shootout.
Requirements of Winner:
1. Winner of the Contest agrees to complete and execute necessary documents to open an account with Virginia529 and to provide additional documents as required by Virginia529. Account application must be received by Virginia529 within 90 days from date of prize notification or prize is forfeited.
2. Winner will be the owner of the account and will be solely responsible for any applicable local, state and federal taxes on the prize.
3. The participant agrees to the use of their names, photographs, likeness, statements, testimonials, text and/or sound or video recording of them for advertising, promotional, or any other purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation or consent unless required by law and to the use of the beneficiary’s name for marketing and public relations purposes. Participant agrees to execute a publicity release.
4. Prize of a $529 contribution to an inVEST account may not be redeemed for cash and no exchanges or substitutions are permitted.
1. In no event will Virginia529 be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or invalid entries.
3. If, in Virginia529’s sole discretion, the chosen participant is found to be ineligible to participate in the Shootout, is found ineligible to open an inVEST account or is not in compliance with these Contest Terms & Conditions or Shootout eligibility, participant will be disqualified and will not be awarded the prize. An alternate participant may be selected by JMU or Virginia529 in its sole discretion. Interpretation of and determinations on the correct application of these Contest Terms & Conditions shall be made by Virginia529 in its sole discretion and its decisions regarding these matters shall be final. In no event will Virginia529 be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind should participant be found ineligible.
4. By participating in the Shootout, each entrant agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and waive any claims against Virginia529, and any of the affiliates, employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives, and assigns of Virginia529, made by winners, entrants, or any other third parties arising directly or indirectly out of, or in any way connected with, this Shootout or the prizes awarded in connection therewith.
5. By participating in the Shootout, each entrant agrees that the Shootout shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Entrant agrees that venue for any litigation arising out of or related to this Shootout or these Contest Terms & Conditions shall be in state court located in Chesterfield, Virginia.
6. This Shootout is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.