James Madison University Department of Sports Medicine
Guiding Principles and Values
- Student-athlete focused-we are here to serve the needs of the student-athlete and be their advocates.
- Professionalism-our conduct and behavior should be that befitting a licensed health care professional.
- Equality-we treat ALL student-athletes fairly and equitably.
- Ethical-we conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity.
- Positive Attitude-we make every effort to create a positive environment for the student-athletes.
- Empathetic-we are sensitive to the needs / demands of the student-athlete and their individual response to an injury.
- Reliable and accountable-we recognize the importance of being available and accountable for our actions as a means of developing trust within the sports medicine department.
- Diversity-we respect the differences in people and value the differences within our department
- Proactive and Innovative-we continually look for new and creative ways to serve the needs of the student-athlete.
- Quality focused-we strive to "set the standard" and provide exceptional service and quality care to the student-athletes of James Madison University.
- Confidentiality--- we respect the privacy and confidentiality of all student athletes as it pertains to physical and emotional health matters.