JMU Women's Basketball
Game 18 - Jan. 23
Send your get well wishes to
Dawn Evans via video messages
prior to tipoff and at halftime!
|Thursday, Jan. 23 | 7 PM
JMU Convocation Center
|Game Notes||Live Stats
MadiZONE HD SportsNet Video | Drexel Audio
Where: JMU Convocation Center, Harrisonburg, Va. (capacity: 7,156)
Tickets: General admission tickets are $10 for adults and $7 for seniors and youth. Purchase tickets here.
Parking: General parking is free and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please see the game day parking map for more details.
> Local Radio: WHBG 1360 AM (Harrisonburg, Va.)
> JMU Audio/Video: MadiZONE HD SportsNet, presented by the JMU Alumni Association, on JMUSports.com (free)
> Delaware Audio: 1290 The Ticket
Mar. 16, 2013 (CAA Semis) – Upper Marlboro, Md. (Show Place Arena) - Drexel 50, JMU 34
DREXEL SCOUTING REPORT
• The Dragons are the only other unbeaten team in CAA play with a 3-0 record, boasting wins over Charleston, William & Mary and Delaware. This will be Drexel’s third straight road match and fifth of the last seven games played away Philadelphia, Pa.
• Overall, Drexel is averaging 59.2 points per game with a +4.2 scoring margin. The Dragons are sinking 40.6 percent of their field goal attempts, including 34.8 percent of their 3-point shot-attempts (leads the CAA).
• Freshman forward Sarah Curran and sophomore guard Rachel Pearson are leading the offensive assault, posting 11.0 points and 10.6 points per game, respectively. Pearson is second in the CAA in 3-point field-goal percentage (.426).
• Drexel leads the CAA in scoring defense, allowing opponents to score just 55.0 points per outing. The Dragons also lead the league in defensive rebound percentage (.705).
JMU FAST BREAK
• The Dukes remain unbeaten against CAA foes after a 77-50 win at Hofstra. They committed 15 steals, the most since Dec. 31, 2012 against Georgia Southern.
• In CAA action, JMU is averaging 9.7 blocks per game, led by redshirt senior Nikki Newman’s 3.3 blocks per conference game. Overall, the Dukes are swatting away 5.8 shots per outing, the 10th-best mark in the nation (UConn leads with 8.9 per game), and redshirt sophomore Jazmon Gwathmey leads the squad with a conference best 2.1 blocks per game.
• Since conference play began, Newman has averaged 6.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, 8.0 assists and 2.3 steals per game to compliment her blocks. Of the starters, three have averaged over 14 points per CAA game: senior Kirby Burkholder (20.0), sophomore Precious Hall (19.0) and junior Toia Giggetts (14.3).
• JMU leads the CAA in scoring offense, posting 73.4 points per outing. The Dukes also lead the league in offensive rebound percentage (.429).
• In ESPN’s latest NCAA tournament predictions, Charlie Crème projected the Dukes as the nine-seed in the Louisville region.