|1-0 (0-0 CAA)||Tuesday, Nov. 12 | 7:00 PM
Vines Center, Lynchburg, Va.
|0-1 (0-0 CAA)|
|Game Notes||Live Stats | ESPN3
MadiZONE HD SportsNet | FlamesTV ($)
Where: Vines Center, Lynchburg, Va. (capacity: 8,085)
Tickets: General admission tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for military, police, fire, EMS, seniors and youth. Purchase tickets here.
Parking: All parking is based on availability and assigned on a priority basis. Please see the gameday central and parking map for more details.
>Local Radio: WHBG 1360 AM (Harrisonburg, Va.)
>JMU Audio: MadiZONE HD SportsNet, presented by the JMU Alumni Association, on JMUSports.com (free)
>Liberty Video: Flames TV (subscription based)
Dec. 4, 2012 – JMU Convocation Center, Harrisonburg, Va. – Liberty 60, JMU 48
LIBERTY SCOUTING REPORT
• The Flames opened their season last Friday, falling 66-56 on the road at Charlotte. Forward Ashley Rininger and guard Sadalia Ellis tied for a team-high with 13 points each.
• Tuesday’s game is the eighth consecutive season JMU and Liberty have faced each other. The Dukes are 5-2 in that span, but lost last year’s meeting 60-48 in Harrisonburg.
• Liberty enters the game with Madison on a 10-game winning streak against in-state foes and a six-game home winning streak.
• The Flames are 11-3 in home openers under head coach Carey Green, including a win over Grambling State a year ago.
JMU FAST BREAK
• In Friday’ (11/8) night’s 63-46 win over Virginia, senior guard Kirby Burkholder (Bridgewater, Va./Turner Ashby) became the 26th player in JMU women’s basketball history to eclipse 1,000 career points (now at 1,019), which she scored on the first free-throw of two at the 6:46 mark of the first half. She also snagged a career-high 16 rebounds, the 21st double-figure rebound game of her career (ninth all-time at JMU).
• Sophomore point guard Angela Mickens (Staunton, Va./Robert E. Lee) tied her career-high of eight assists in a career-best 38 minutes in the win over the Cavaliers
• The average margin of victory over the last 10 years for the winner of JMU vs. Liberty is 8.4 points.
• In last season’s loss, redshirt senior forward Nikki Newman (Harrisonburg, Va./Turner Ashby) tallied 10 points, including nine from 3-point range while junior forward Toia Giggetts (Norfolk, Va./Lake Taylor) grabbed seven rebounds.