HARRISONBURG, Va. – James Madison University Athletics will again host its annual “Meet the Dukes” Day with the football program and other JMU teams on Saturday, August 17.
This year’s event kicks off at 9 a.m., with various activities on Godwin Field and the opening of the JMU bookstore for apparel and memorabilia purchases and ticket office at Gate A for season and single-game purchases. The football team opens practice at 10 a.m., in the stadium with a scrimmage slated during the two-hour session. Further activity stations with the volleyball and soccer programs and cheerleading squad. When the football practice wraps up at noon, the Olympic sport programs, cheer squad and Duke Dog will be giving autographs on the Lower Concourse followed by the football team at 1 p.m. The entire schedule for the day is below, as all JMU fans are invited to come get pumped up about the 2013 season.
Schedule of events:
- Stadium gates open
- jmVu programming begins
- Godwin field activities open – bounce house, inflatable games, Puppy Pound information/registration, fall sports schedule cards/posters available, Duke Dog, face painting by cheerleaders
- Bookstore locations open – both in the stadium and main store
- Concession stand open
- Ticket office open
- Football practice begins
- Activity stations begin on Godwin Field – cheer, volleyball, soccer
- Football practice ends
- All Godwin Field activities end
- Football team has lunch
- Olympic sports, cheer, and Duke Dog sign autographs on lower concourse near Gate A
- Ticket office closes
- Olympic sports done signing autographs
- Football begins signing autographs on lower concourse near Gate A
The event ends when football team is done signing autographs, with the Bookstore staying open until 4 p.m.